Friday, February 7, 2014

Lower Body Workout (Day -65)

I'm still working out at a gym six days a week. So far, I haven't been able to get my workouts on any schedule. I just get there when I get there. I guess as long as I'm getting in there and working out, it's all good.

As I mentioned in another post, I begin my workouts with aerobic time on a stationary bike, then move on to weight work on my abs and back, then stretch out. During the weight-lifting part of my daily workouts, I alternate between upper body workouts and lower body workouts. Today was a Lower Body day. That means that I did at least two exercises to work on each of these sets of muscles:
Quadriceps: (ex.: Leg Press, Dumbbell Squats)
Hamstrings: (ex.: Lying Leg Curls, Straight-Leg Deadlifts)
Calves: (ex.: Angled Calf Raises, Standing Calf Raises)
I work each set of muscles in a progressively intensive way--moving my way up through two or three levels of weights until I hit my high/exhaustion point.

Note: My insight for the day (that is not related to my UGRR tour or this post in any way): It is one thing to understand that you are replaceable. It is another thing entirely to be treated like you are disposable.

No comments:

Post a Comment