Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Random Act of Kindness

I know I have said that people have been very nice. To illustrate, I will give one example.

Yesterday in Aberdeen, I paused while studying some storefronts, looking for a grocery store. As a couple of our riders passed by and asked if I was okay, I asked "Is that a grocery store?" pointing to a Big Star market. They shrugged and kept riding. I got off my bike and started walking up to the market. A woman in an SUV pulled up next to me, rolled down her window, and said, "That's not a grocery store; it's a meat market." I hadn't even been aware that anyone had overheard my quick interaction with the other riders. 

This kind woman proceeded to give me directions to the Piggly Wiggly--all while having difficulty talking because she had just come from having a tooth pulled! She also wanted to hear all about our trip and to exclaim that she could never take something like this on. 

Just one example among many...

No comments:

Post a Comment