Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bee Sting!

Yesterday, just before reaching the Mississippi state line, I was streaking down a steep hill, when something flew up the left leg of my shorts and began stinging my inner left thigh. There I was, moving too fast to stop and too fast not to have both hands on the handlebars, steering with one hand, exclaiming "Ow! Ow! Ow!," and frantically scooping inside my shorts leg with my right hand, trying to get whatever was in there out. I stopped at the state line and a fellow rider gave me an Aleve to help me cope with my burning thigh. The burning subsided a few hours later. Now I have a ring of stings about three inches in diameter that itch furiously. 



Welcome to Mississippi!


This photo also illustrates that the quality of the roads deteriorated dramatically when we entered Mississippi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment