Monday, May 5, 2014

Clifty Falls

Today I cycled 38 miles with 1,680 feet of climbing, through pretty Indiana countryside. The hills were more rolling than steep-killer climbs. I was grateful for the shorter day. Yesterday was a long day and very draining. 

I had my worst dog encounter of the trip today. This large mutt of a dog charged me with such ferocity, I thought for sure I was going to lose body parts to him. He crashed into my rear wheel and barked and snarled so close to my skin that I just cowered. The owner was outside near the road, getting his mail, but he was completely ineffective at calling off the dog. I managed to speak pleasantly to the owner and told him there would be 10-12 more riders coming through. I guess the owner was able to corral the dog because no one else encountered him. 

Tonight we're at Clifty Falls State Park in Madison, Indiana. 

Photos from today:





While others headed into town, I walked to Tunnel Falls in the state park. Unfortunately, these photos do not convey their height/scale or beauty very well. 




A campground visitor:


Today's route, part 1:


Part 2:


No comments:

Post a Comment