Thursday, May 1, 2014

To Henderson, KY

Today I cycled 64 miles (all on route) and climbed 2,552 feet up. I walked one steep hill early in the day and rode the rest. 6.5 hours on the road. 

We saw a little bit of everything today. After the morning ferry ride across the Ohio River...



...I guess I lost interest in stopping to take photos. We rambled through deep backwoods tow paths, through expansive farms and pastureland, past many more horses and cows, and then ended up in bustling Henderson, KY (population 28,757).

Tonight we are at John James Audubon State Park, listening to nearby heavy traffic, and freezing our butts off. It is supposedly 60 degrees F at the moment, but the wind is blowing a gale. I have multiple jackets, wool leggings, a hat, and gloves on. 

See how we kind of take over a place?


Today's route, part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


No comments:

Post a Comment